PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain anonymous information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect anonymous information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” help to track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and/or date/time stamps.
“Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you choose to subscribe to emails from us, we collect certain information from you, including your first name and email address, and phone number. When you choose to purchase services from us, we may collect other information from you, including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Wechat ID, Whatsapp ID, VAT or GST number or related tax numbers, social media account log-in names and passwords, website backend account log-in names and passwords, website analytics data (via Google or Baidu), and/or written, graphic or video content you provide us. We refer to this information as “Client Information”.
Some pages of the Site may use forms where you may choose to submit your email address and other information to contact us or to request information. By submitting this information to us, you are agreeing to allow us to contact you in the future.
We do not collect Personal Information from or about children.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only use the Client Information that we collect to provide the services you choose to purchase (which may include processing your payment information, managing content on or the backend of your social media accounts or website, arranging for shipping where necessary, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Client Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our service requests for potential risk or fraud; and
- Where you consent, to provide you with information or advertising relating to our services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns) and we may use it to screen for potential risks or fraud. We may also use this information to request feedback about your experience.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell your Personal Information to anyone. We will not share your Personal Information with third parties for advertising purposes. We may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties as is necessary to provide you with the services you’ve asked us to provide.
For example, we use Convertkit to manage email newsletter subscriptions . You can read more about how Convertkit uses your Personal Information here: https://convertkit.com/privacy/.
We use HubSpot to manage meetings and do other customer relationship management. You can read more about how HubSpot uses your Personal Information here: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy/.
We use Eventbrite to manage events and do other customer relationship management. You can read more about how Eventbrite uses your Personal Information here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-privacy-policy?lg=en_CA
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site . You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use a variety of social media platforms and collaboration tools to communicate, including WeChat, Facebook, Slack, and Skype, as well as cloud-based storage services to store and transfer data, including WeTransfer and Google Drive, and translation services from Baidu. Each of these companies has information on how they use information on their respective websites.
Additionally, we may share information with subcontractors or trusted information technology companies as is necessary to assist us in providing or delivering our services to our customers. These companies, and those listed above, are only permitted access to your data for the lawful purpose for which it has been shared by you and in accordance with our instructions.
In certain circumstances we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. We may reveal your Personal Information without your prior permission only when we have reason to believe that the disclosure of this information is required to establish the identity of, to contact or to initiate legal proceedings against a person or persons who are suspected of infringing rights or property belonging to us or to others who could be harmed by your activities or of persons who could (deliberately or otherwise) transgress upon these rights and property.
Except as provided above, we will not disclose Personal Information to any other third parties.
We do not use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Please be aware that while visiting the Site, or otherwise using the services we provide, you may follow links to other sites that are owned by third parties and that are beyond our control. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of such third party sites.
- You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
- You have the right to access your own personal data to understand whether we hold information about you and, if so, for us to give you certain details about that information and/or the information itself. This is commonly known as a subject access request, which you may request by contacting us using the contact information below. We may require additional information to verify your identity before handing over your information.
- You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. To do so, email newsletter subscribers may contact us using the contact information below.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data where we were not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose it was collected. To do so, you must cancel your email newsletter subscriptions by clicking the unsubscribe button in the newsletter, or contact us using the contact information below.
- While you are requesting that your personal data is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can request for its use to be restricted while we comply with your request. To do so you should contact us using the contact information below.
- You have the right to object to data processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop.
- You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data and to transfer your personal data to another data controller. We will not charge for this and will in most cases aim to do this within one month. We may require additional information to verify your identity before handing over your information.
- You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal data.
Additionally, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you, your information may be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada, the United States, Kenya and/or China.
When you agree to purchase services from us, we will maintain your Client Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. If you are an email subscriber, we will erase all of your information within a reasonable time after you cancel your email subscription. You may cancel your email subscription by clicking the unsubscribe button in the newsletter. If you would like us to delete your data, contact us by using the contact information below.
We will only collect, use, store, share (and any other of the defined uses of processing data) where there is a lawful basis as defined by data protection legislation, and do not collect more information than we need to fulfill the purpose. We document what lawful bases are relied upon for our processing activities. Lawful bases include where you have given consent, where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, when complying with law and where there are legitimate interests. More information on how we use these lawful bases is provided below:
- Consent – In certain situations we can process your data with your consent. Where we process data based on consent, we will ask you for your explicit consent (you have to take an action) which you can withdraw at any time, but it will not affect the lawfulness of processing before then.
- Contract – In certain situations, we need your personal information to comply with our contractual obligations. Where we rely on contract, we will ask you to agree to the use of your personal data necessary for entering into or the performance of your contract with us. For example, by purchasing services from us, we will collect information about you so we can deliver the services to you.
- Complying with law – We may need to process your Personal Information if the law requires us to.
- Legitimate interest – We will only rely on legitimate interests where the processing of your data is not overridden by your interests or rights and freedoms. This means that we may collect and use your information in a way that can reasonably be expected in the provision of services to our customers and does not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests. For example, we may use your information to build a more accurate picture of you to better inform our business decisions.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of your Personal Information by us as very important to our business. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to data protection laws across Europe in the form of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the equivalent data protection law in the UK.
Although we take the security of your Personal Information very seriously and are constantly improving our efforts to protect it, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secured. Should a breach of personal data occur (whether in respect of you or someone else) then we will take notes and keep evidence of that breach. If the breach is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals then we will also notify the appropriate authorities.
We need to gather and use certain information about individuals to provide services to our customers. These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact. Our data protection policy governs how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet our data protection standards and to comply with the law.
We may update our policies from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
For more information about our privacy practices and data protection policies, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
KAITLIN ZHANG BRANDING
Privacy Compliance Officer
302 – 525 8th Street, New Westminster, BC, V3M 6H2